Hey guys! This is another banger by DeeeJaaayy Ruona!! Okay, okay, I’ll behave. How are you? Good? Awesome! I’m taking a day off from work today ‘cos I don’t feel too good. I’m trying to find the balance between this cold and the terrible headache I have. Sigh. I’m just going to stay home, take care of me and possibly try to entertain you.
So, you know the obvious – I’m not so tall, I talk a lot, I’ll fight you if you take my food, I love God and I’m always joking but there are other things that make me the person I am and I’d really like to share them with you in:
THINGS YOU PROBABLY DIDN’T KNOW ABOUT ME!
1. I’m married. 😂😂😂😂😂
Okay, number one for real.
- I do not have an English name: So, when I introduce myself to people as ‘Ruona they’d be like “is that English?” And I’ll just say no and then they’ll be like “what’s your English name?” And I’ll tell them “I don’t have one”. Why? My parents told me that they don’t like English names. Who am I to question it? Plus I’ve realized that there’s no English name that will ever fit my personality. Believe me, people have tried to name me. I have a Yoruba name tho’ (I’m not Yoruba. Again, you can’t question my parents). It’s Oluwaseyi. Both my names mean the same thing.
- I’m always thinking: Most times, I marvel at how my brain works. I mean, I can go from thinking about how nice a dress will look on me to thinking about how it’s possible for me to board a plane and travel out. Funny enough, there’s always a link somehow. Sometimes, I get so lost in my train of thought that I actually forget my surroundings Lol. It happens when I’m reading school work too! I can be on one page for 30 minutes, thinking.
- The first thing I notice about a person is their footwear: I’m a shoe lover but I don’t think that’s the reason. I have this weird habit of subtly looking down before I meet a person’s eyes. That’s how I’m able to catch your shoes first.
- I’ve been using my MTN SIM card since I was 11: My first SIM card was GLO. I used it for about a year and mistakenly threw it away. I searched the dustbin that day, I couldn’t find it. Anyways, my dad gave me an MTN SIM which I fell in love with. I can’t imagine losing this SIM. I’ve been using it since JSS2! I mean, my phone got stolen once and I retrieved my line. The second time my phone was stolen, I couldn’t retrieve it because it was registered with my dad’s name and he wasn’t around. I was told to go to court to get an affidavit in order to register the SIM with my name. I did it. That’s to tell you how much…
- If we were close friends and you hurt me, I’d forgive you but I’d rather not talk to you again: That’s just how I am. It’s not malice. We’d relate and everything but it won’t be the same. Even if I decide to make an effort, it would still take time. I guess it’s some sort of defense mechanism. I have to protect myself yunno?
- I can’t speak my language: I know 😩 I’ve been wanting to learn but the opportunity hasn’t presented itself yet. It’s something that I wasn’t trained with. I’m still wondering what I’m going to say to my children.
- I love makeup but I’d rather go without it: I think this is because I never learned how to do my own makeup. I’ve zeroed my mind that I’ll always pay to have my makeup done. There are some days when someone will offer to do my makeup and I’ll end up declining because makeovers can be stressful for me. Most people prefer my face when it’s makeup free so I just roll with it.
- I love novels! I like inspirational books! I have nothing to say about educational books: It’s the truth. Sue me. I know it’s not supposed to be like that but I can’t help it. I can finish a 500 page novel in a day but I can’t read a school book for more than two hours at a stretch. I’m working on it. Really.
- I don’t like leftovers: Doesn’t mean I don’t eat them tho’ because by the time hunger wire me, I won’t even be reasoning whether it was warmed or not. What I’m saying is that if options are available at that point, I won’t eat leftover food. Also, when I cook, I tend to measure the quantity so that there won’t be remnants Lol. I don’t like what I don’t like. For the record, I’m a badass cook.
- I can’t dance to save my life: Sure, I have moves in my head. I’ve even choreographed hit songs in my mind. I’m also a good chair dancer but tell me to stand up and dance. Just tell me. Anything you see, please take it like that. I’m just going to add that I’m not totally hopeless in dance. I have few moves and I can beat someone like my roommate, Juliet in dancing. Thank you.
- I plan all the time: I can’t help it. I plan everything – From spending, to my outfits, to the songs that I’m going to be listening to. This helps me to be organized to an extent. I hardly ever fall hands too. This is as a result of always thinking because I tend to imagine worst case scenarios and I plan to avoid them.
If you’ve read up to this point, I’m just going to add that I’m always wearing a bangle/bracelet. The one I have on currently has been on my wrist since March last year. It’s my KENYA bracelet. It hardly ever comes off.
I think I’m done talking about me for now. Also, if you’re not too busy, I’d like you to take a tour of my blog and admire the latest interior decor. I’m going to continue my self-care now but before I go, I’d like to say that Ed Sheeran’s latest album, No. 6 Collaborations Project is a whole mood!
Hope you have a nice day.
What are you doing today?
Would you like to share any weird habits you have?
What do you think of my new blog?
Does Ed Sheeran’s new album appeal to you too? Any faves?
Please feel free to use the comment box below ⬇️⬇️⬇️